[42.366228, -71.060220 ]
SO WHAT IS [URBN MVMT]...
Pop up fitness? Well, that's part of it. Run/yoga event? Not quite. It doesn't really fit into any bucket and that's exactly the point. URBN MVMT is your chance to move through the city in a new way, interact, and question everything you thought you knew about the place you call home. Through MVMT, you get to see your city from a new perspective. Maybe it's the train station you trek through daily, that park you run by every Thursday on your usual loop, or that alleyway between the office and favorite coffee shop you had no idea existed. URBN MVMT opens your eyes to connection. Connection with the untapped spaces and people around you.
This MVMT will challenge, disrupt, and play with boundaries - the boundaries of the social norm to whip out your phone at the first moment of (not yet awkward) silence, the boundaries of the physical norm to run on a paved sidewalk since that's just what you're "supposed" to do. URBN MVMT gives you the space to break these boundaries and bring a fresh lens to those everyday experiences.
The minute you challenge the norm, you see the city differently. You see a city built on people and experiences. What makes the city light up isn't the skyline - it's the movement that happens between the streets.
You've never seen this side of BSTN until you've found your [ URBN MVMT ] .
SO WHAT IS [42.366228, -71.060220 ]...
These are your coordinates to the first [ URBN MVMT ]. It's the kickoff event to a larger platform that will get people MVNG through the city differently. These events will always be FREE because the city is our playground and there's never a dollar sign you can tie to movement, connection and community.
Why the coordinates? Because we're difficult. But really, it's your first step in challenging what you know about Boston. Now's the time to become a tourist in your own city. Grab your fanny pack.
So here's the run down:
The event starts here : [ 42.366228, -71.060220 ] on AUG SVN at 5:30 PM.
What you need:
- Something to move. We're going on a short jaunt and you'll need some mechanism to move with. Whether it's running shoes, bikes, skates, boards, pogo sticks, wheel barrels, consider this your second step. Be creative with it. Surprise others, surprise yourself, surprise me!
- Also yoga mats are recommended. We'll have an unusual flow led by the wild woman - Catie Macken. You don't NEED a mat for this event, but we'll transport them to the secret location so don't worry about carrying them.
- Positive energy. You're going to meet strangers so come with an open mind, curiosity, and your best, weirdest self.
- Cash and ID. While the MVMT and after party are completely free, food and drinks are not.
What you don't need:
- Expectations. This will be like nothing you've done before. Sure, there's running and yoga but it's not a run/yoga event. (See point #1 about pogo sticks). It's less about the fitness - it's more about the experience and the community. The MVMT.
Now are you ready to FIND YOUR [ URBN MVMT ]?